Everyone loves squirrels, right? They're sooooo cute and fluffy, and yet smart and elusive. So I have compiled a list of 10 gift ideas for squirrel fans that can be purchased through small independent UK businesses. They're all affordable and some of them would even make great stocking fillers!
It’s getting closer to Christmas, and I love to support small independent businesses, especially this year, when I know all too well what the extra sale will mean for them. When you buy local, you also experience the benefit of purchasing from the business owner or someone who offers a more personalised or tailored service!
Take a look, visit the websites (each title is a link directly to their website), and get some ideas:
- Squirrel's Tail original art: limited edition signed illustrations on art paper, by Alex Beeching, the illustatrator behind the The Squirrel's Tail. In this image, Hazel, the squirrel and her dad are enjoying some walnut pancakes. Perfect to decorate a children's bedroom. Sold on The Squirrel's Tail website.
- Squirrel and acorn locket: For that teenager or adult Squirrel fan, this lovely acorn locket can include a hidden squirrel charm inside and a personalised secret message. Made by SilkPurseSowsEar and sold on Etsy.
- A folksy squirrel pin badge: A cute red squirrel folk art pin badge for school bag or denim jacket. Made by FolkyDokyStudio and sold on Etsy. At £2.50, every stocking should have one!
- Squirrel's Tail Jigsaw puzzle: This full colour 48-piece jigsaw puzzle is made from recycled board and manufactured in Devon. The jigsaw puzzle has loads of fun bright details, and despite having big pieces, ideal for small hands, comes in a small box that fits on a bookshelf! Sold on The Squirrel's Tail website.
- Fab squirrel and autumn crayon set: a lovely crayon set with all the shapes and colours your child could need from the forest, including of course squirrel and acorn. Combining colouring crayons with shapes young children recognise, is a lovely way to get them drawing, all in a box set. Sold on Colour Me Lincoln's own website.
- Squirrel Sisters selection box: 100% natural and plantbased snack bars with no added sugar. And with a selection box, you get to discover new yummy flavours. Cacao Brownie is delicious! This is a great gift for mums, sisters, dads and a fun squirrel-themed gift as a party guest, instead of a box of chocolates. Buy directly from Squirrel Sisters website.
- Squirrel and woodland wooden playpegs: each hand-painted and safety tested, these are beautiful woodland creatures, of course including a squirrel, that can bring hours of fun storytelling, and forest games. Made by Sarah Turner from Sarahs' Pegs and sold on Etsy.
- The Squirrel's Tail book: the story of a squirrel that has an accident and loses her tail, only for her dad to make her a new one. Ideal for 2-7 year old squirrel fans. A great story to share with any child that have gone through sickness or injury. And at only £9.99 for a fully illustrated hardback, it's a perfect bedtime story book. Sold on The Squirrel's Tail website.
- Squirrel socks: we all need new socks in the cold winter, and who doesn't love squirrel socks? Shouldn't there be a pair of novelty socks in every christmas stocking? Made by Socks United in UK, and sold on Etsy.
- Squirrel personalised keyring: the perfect gift for your child's first keyring designed by Fleetbeads a small English jewellery and gift company. Each keyring comes with a little squirrel charm and an acorn charm but you can add their initial, and even choose And at £5.50, it can make the perfect stocking filler.